- A uniform policy cannot possibly address all situations. However, the effectiveness of any uniform policy requires the support and co- operation of the students and parents. Common sense and good manners always prevail.
- During the school year, policies may be altered or added as required. The following disciplinary steps will be taken for uniform policy violations: 1st violation — parent contact (if the violation is on a full-dress uniform day, parents must bring proper clothing to school when the call is made; 2nd violation—student will serve after school study detention; 3rd violation—student will serve after school work detail detention.
- Detention times must be fulfilled within 5 school days of the violation.
- 1. Jewelry: Students may wear religious necklaces and medals only. Loose or dangling jewelry becomes a hazard. No body piercings are allowed except, girls only may wear one stud earring per ear in the lobe of the ear. This is for the safety of the children. Dangling and hoop earrings pose a risk of injury and are not to be worn at school. Rings are not to be worn at school. Watches are OK, but may not have the alarms set.
2. Hair Jewelry: Plain solid color Mayfair, Navy, Black, White, Brown, Yellow or Uniform Plaid headbands, bows and scrunchies only. Girls may wear plain, non-decorative barrettes, clips, bobby pins or rubber bands in their hair. No decorative clips, snaps, flowers, weaves, and assorted distracting styles that clash with the uniform are to be worn.
3. Hair: Hair must be the child’s own natural color during the school year. No hair dyes, highlights, streaking or glitter will be allowed. Haircuts must be well-groomed and sensible styles. No spikes or extreme hair gel will be allowed. Hair must be kept out of the eyes, and boys must have their hair off the collar. No Mohawks allowed.
4. Make-up: There will be no make-up allowed. Anyone wearing make-up will need to wash it off. No nail polish will be allowed. Each time a child is sent to the office to remove nail polish, $0.50 will be charged to the child. This will help defray the cost to the school for the purchase of polish re- mover and cotton balls.
5. Tattoos: No permanent, temporary or hand drawn tattoos allowed.
6. Clothing: No tattered, frayed, torn, baggy, or tight clothing will be allowed. Only the approved styles from the Dennis Uniform Store, Land’s End uniform catalog. Sears uniform, JC Penney uniform section and JC Penny Arizona Navy pants will be allowed at school. If you purchase uniform clothing from other stores, it must look identical to the styles and colors purchased from Dennis, Land’s End or JC Penney. Preschool students are the ONLY exception to this rule. Preschool through grade 5 will wear navy blue slacks, shorts, skirts, capris or skorts only. Grades 6-8 may wear navy or khaki colors.
7. Shirts: No lace, satin trim, or ruffles will be allowed. Shirts must be tucked in while attending Mass. Please keep shirts clean and free of tears and fraying. Shirts must be the approved light blue color or white. Shirts must have a relaxed, modest fit.
8. Pants: Must be from approved places of purchase or look identical to the approved styles and color. No rips, tears, holes or frayed ends or side zippers, loops or pockets. They must fit well and not be baggy or too tight.
9. Shorts: Must be from approved places of purchase or identical in style and color. Must have a modest, relaxed fit, no side zippers, loops or pockets. Shorts should have the bottom hem no shorter than 2‖ above the knee. Shorts may be worn through the end of the first quarter and then again after Spring Break.
10. Skorts: Girls may wear skorts any day of the school year except on Mass days. These must be purchased from the approved places or be identical in style and color.
11. Jumpers/skirts:Girls must wear shorts under jumpers/skirts, the bottom hem no shorter than 2‖ above the knee. Navy jumpers for preschool only.
12. Full Dress Uniform: Girls: Plaid jumper (grades K—4) skirt (grades 5—8), white shirt (tucked in), Mayfair blue sweater, black shoes (no tennis shoes), black tights or black knee socks — no anklets. Boys: Navy Blue Slacks, white shirt (tucked in), Mayfair blue sweater, black shoes (no tennis shoes), black socks.
Full dress uniform is to be worn each Friday and other days as specified by the principal.
13. Socks: Socks must be worn at all times. Solid color white, navy, Mayfair, brown/khaki, or black only. Tights are OK. No footless leggings. Ankle socks OK and must be 2‖ above top of shoe. No logos or stripes or second color is allowed on socks.
14. Shoes: White, brown, black or navy shoes only. If shoes have a 2nd color, it must be a school color (white, black, blue, or yellow), shoes must have low heels (under 2 inches). No platform shoes or open-toed shoes or sandals allowed. No cartoon character or shoes with lights or pumps allowed. Shoelaces must be white, black, or blue. Students may not wear shoes with an unapproved color.
15. Coats: The school polar tech fleece vest with the school logo may be worn each day of the week except on Mass days. Coats, vests or sweatshirts must be worn to school each day of the year due to the unpredictable weather. Coats and jackets may not be worn inside the school during the school day, except when going outside for recess, or at dismissal times. School sweatshirts, polar tech vests, and sweaters may be worn in the classroom — no brand name or brand/team logo sweatshirts or jackets are allowed to be worn in the classrooms.
16. Hats: Caps and hats may be worn only outside, baseball cap bills must be worn forward facing.
17. School Sport Jerseys: Students in grades 4—6 who are participating with St. Joe’s School sport team jerseys may be worn over a uniform approved white or blue shirt on game days or on the Thursday before a game weekend. Students in grades 7 & 8 may wear the school jersey of the Middle School team they are participating with over a school uniform approved white or blue shirt on game days. No jerseys may beworn on full dress uniform days.
18. PE clothes: Students in grades 6—8 must dress down for PE. Plain white, blue, grey, or black Tshirts (no tank tops or short shirts allowed), no logos or brand labels on shirts allowed. Black, grey, or blue sweatpants or shorts (hem must reach fingertips), no words or logos on pant/short legs or backside allowed. Tennis shoes of approved color with laces tied must be worn. Students in grades K—5 must wear tennis shoes of approved color for PE. PE shoes can be brought at the beginning of the year and kept in the classrooms for the entire year.
19. Free Dress:Students must wear relaxed, modest fitting clothes. No sweatpants, pajamas, spaghetti straps, tank tops, or low-cut tops. No inappropriate logos, characters, or quotes on clothing is allowed. No torn, holey, frayed, or see-through clothing is allowed. No high heeled , opened toed sandal shoes allowed.